- Medium Plenty is about balance, moderation and appropriateness of ideas and resources. Our designs speak softly so the meaning is not lost in a cacophony of materials and forms. Medium Plenty means editing without sacrifice.
Medium Plenty is a design practice focused on producing thoughtful work. Our projects fall into any number of design categories including architecture, interiors, environments, furniture and usually a combination of several. In short, we do it all and have fun in the process. Our goal is always to address the desires, needs and budget of our clients. We see each project as an opportunity to create something unique that evolves from discoveries made through an insightful and collaborative design process.Cool Clients. Cool Projects.
- Ian Read___________________________________________________________________________
- Ian has been engaged in the fields of design and building since 1997. Post academia he worked mainly in construction trades gaining hands-on knowledge of the building process. This experience instilled a practical knowledge not only in understanding the methods of construction but also of the language of building.Bachelor of Architecture: Philadelphia UniversityLicensed Architect: California + PennsylvaniaLEED AP
- Gretchen Krebs_____________________________________________________________________
- Gretchen has an established background in both architecture and interior design. Prior to joining Medium Plenty, Gretchen worked for the award-winning San Francisco firm, Jensen Architects, for over 7 years. She has collaborated with a distinguished array of clients in the residential, commercial and institutional fields including the SFMOMA, IDEO, and Hot Studio.
BFA in Interior Architecture (California College of the Arts)Bachelor's Degree in Communications (UCLA)
- Joseph Foronda_____________________________________________________________________
- Joseph joined Medium Plenty in 2012 after completing his Masters Degrees at California College of the Arts. He possesses a balance of conceptual insight and hands on knowledge that compliments the firm's approach.Master of Architecture (California College of the Arts)BA in Architecture (University of San Francisco)LEED Green Associate
- Sky Lanigan________________________________________________________________________
- Sky moved from the world of experimental theater design to architecture in 2002. He worked with the award-winning Seattle firm Olson Kundig Architects for 5 years on residential, mixed-use and institutional projects. He has been involved in design and construction his whole life at many scales, from creating puppets for the Lion King on Broadway to making his own clothes, furniture, and lighting. He was born in a geodesic dome built by his parents in rural Northern California.Masters of Architecture (Rice)BA in Literature (Vassar)Registered Architect (Washington)LEED AP
- Sigmund joined the office of Medium Plenty on a part-time basis in 2011. He assists our staff by tracking the sun's path throughout the day and ensuring there are no wasted bits of lunch. His role as security guard is one he takes very seriously and he almost scared the FedEx guy once, almost.Hopalong Animal Rescue (Graduate)